Words For Less can write your white papers! We will include original thought leadership and here is what that would entail:
- Long form (around 4,000 to 5,000 words), with thought-provoking arguments, requires the reader to think about a new idea
- Uses data from respected sources to support arguments
- Text-dense with charts and graphs as visual enhancement
- Formal – a voice of authority that focuses on business goals and pain points
- Includes an executive summary, introduction, assessment of challenges addressed by the paper, suggested solutions, advantages/disadvantages of each solution and a conclusion.
- Can include case studies if there are customers available to contact and interview. Case studies are subject to an additional hourly charge (billed in 15-minute increments) for time to interview and incorporate content into the story.
The price of a white paper would be $1,750 to $3,000 depending on the topic and the original research + thought leadership required to create.
As an alternative to a white paper we can write a report that would include:
- Medium to long form (around 2,000 to 3,000 words) informational/educational document that explores known issues (less thought leadership than you’d expect in a white paper)
- Small chunks of text designed for skimming and scanning
- Arranged by concepts and trends, rather than a linear argument
- Visually dense with call outs, bullet lists, graphics and images to break up ideas and points
- Casual voice, conversational in tone – a good example would be the “for dummies” series
The report price would be between $500 and $800 depending on the subject and the amount of research required. The report option is very much a “light” version of a white paper with the main difference being that there is not the same requirement for thought leadership and intense original research that is necessary for a white paper.
If you are interested in either option we would need the following:
1. Information on the intended audience – A successful paper needs to address pain points and problems of the audience. The following information helps me identify what those are:
- Job title, company size, business sector and location
- Income level, location, family dynamic (kids, no kids, single, married, divorced, gay, straight, etc) for private sector
- Other important demographic information (i.e. concerns of the audience that matter most)
2. Information on the company the paper is written for – usually a website link is sufficient, but some company websites don’t provide the full philosophy of the business, which can be very helpful in writing a successful paper.
Time to delivery – Expect a turnaround time of 2 to 4 weeks for reports (a bit longer for white papers), depending on the complexity of the topic and the research needed.
Let us know if you have any questions, we would love to help!